[General] Why are gravity fields not shielded?

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Mon May 8 10:42:42 PDT 2017

I've been wondering if our concept of gravitational fields propogating
through everything is correct.

It seems that field lines start at sources and end at sinks. It also
seems that our actual experimental measurements  are point to point
interactions between  particle masses. But fields are thought to be
properties of space. Could this be just a convenient mathematical trick?

For example during a lunar eclipse: : if the sun pulls on the moon
directly and the earth pulls on the moon directly then we could add the
two effects and call it a field effect that does not exhibit a
shielding. This is how we calculate  the field   PE/m = - G*Ms/Rsm -
G*Me/Rem. Nothing wrong here

But if we assume gravity propagates, perhaps with particles like
gravitons, then they would have to penetrate the earth before they got
to the moon. Since these gravitons clearly (maybe not so clearly)  do
have an interaction with the mass of the earth it is puzzling that they
go through , pull on the earth, but are not effected ie. shielding the
moon from the Sun's mass

Historically Maxwell had great success with his equations and the charge
to charge interaction due to EM propagation yields shielding and
retarded force effects - However in his time he left gravity alone. Have
we later simply applied his EM field ideas to gravity because it was
such an elegant formulation?

So now I have to add the question of why no gravitational shielding to
the question of why no retarded force calculation applies to gravity?

Wolf

--
Dr. Wolfgang Baer
Research Director