[General] What holds mass and charge together

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Wed Sep 13 14:31:18 PDT 2017

Yes of course if you agree that the world is made of particles and that
all identified "properties" must be attached to their center points then
you would dismiss any other possibility

But we are now talking not about what is "known truth" but whether some
of those known truths are in fact the best way to interpret our
observable experiences. There are quite obviously many situations where
the charge centers move relative to the mass when looking at large
aggregation just consider a dipole antenna obviously large charges move
up and down but the mass center stays pretty well stable.

Bohr and most nuclear physics id based upon the assumption that all
properties are attached to point particles is this correct?

Scattering experiments have shown the shape of elemetary particles are
not all perfect spheres.

We ave two major force categories dominating the macroscopic world
electricity-magnetism and gravity-inertia each domain has a set of well
developed descriptive equations , but the simple connection between the
two is a straight forward guess.

                 The Lorenz force Fl is simply equated to the
acceleration     Fl = ma but we never measure the position of a mass we
always measure the position of a charge configuration . We cannot see or
feel a mass all we see and feel is the electric coulomb repulsion
between the surface electrons of our hand and the surface electrons of
the objects we hold.

There the mystery starts, you can paper over it with a fiat, or you can
ask why?

You can apply the rules we have discovered to work in the past or you
can look for new discoveries in the future

What group  do you want to belong to?

best wishes

The question puzzling me on the Bohr atom case is not that Somerfeld's
adjustments can occur, but if there are adjustments why do they not
apply to shift the lines all together from the single theoretical
prediction, why is there a hyperfine structure in the spectral lines?

Wolf

Dr. Wolfgang Baer
Research Director
Nascent Systems Inc.