[General] CLASSICAL,QUANTUM MECHANICS

Roychoudhuri, Chandra chandra.roychoudhuri at uconn.edu
Wed May 16 11:51:12 PDT 2018

Wolf B.:
Sorry for my delay in replying to this interesting email.

1.    Complex representation of “Psi”:  I have attached one of our old papers where I underscore that we keep neglecting – (i) detector’s physical response characteristic parameter and (ii) detector’s physical response time-period. Especially, in the realm of resonant QM interaction, a photo-detector must first sense out whether the incident radiation has the right QM-resonant frequency for it to be excited as a linear dipole. This time period has to be at least one cycle. Computation using “cos-wt”, instead of “exp(iwt)”, shows that one needs just over a cycle of integration to match the time-averaged squared-real function to “Psi*Psi”. So, in my book, “Causal Physics: Photon by Non-Interaction of Waves” (Taylor & Francis, 2014), I have used the phrase “Quantum Compatibility Sensing Dancing Period”, which is required by a QM-dipole to consummate the available energy through the resonant interaction, followed by the absorption of a “quantum cupful of energy”, (hw/2'pi’), out of the passing-by EM wave energy. Copenhagen Interpretation has succeeded in propagating a culture of mysticism behind QM, even though Nature has always been causal. This is why our causal mathematical relations have succeeded in discovering so many real interaction processes in nature.

2.    There are QM intrinsic harmonic oscillations of particles, there are no waves: If we express the particles as self-looped and self-resonant doughnut-like oscillations of the Complex Tension Field (CTF), then particles can be represented as, a.exp(iwt), You may call this “w” as the de Broglie frequency, instead of a wave-packet. In this model, EM waves are perpetually propagating linear excitation of the CTF. All particles are harmonic oscillators. That is why Schrodinger’s “Wave function” works so well.

3.    QM is glorified Classical Mechanics: I believe that eventually people will be able to get over the blinding successes of QM and realize that even the “Hamiltonian” was originally constructed for Classical Mechanics!

4.    Observer and Interpretations: Our instruments, which facilitate the interactions between the chosen entities and generate the data exploiting the physical transformations of the interactants, are the rational, causal and un-biased OBSERVERS. We, the humans, having widely varying neural-networks, generate widely different “causal” interpretations (fortunately, constrained by mathematical logics). The scientists are not very much different from the very smart lawyers and politicians! At least, the last two categories of people are conscious, most of the time, when they are fooling other people using “cooked-up causally connected reasoning”!! ☺
Chandra.