[General] American Physical Society presentation on superluminal photon/electron models

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 08:20:50 PDT 2019

Richard,

Several comments.

Specifics:

   -  you might want to give a reason for Q values rather than just stating
   them on slide 7.

[image: image.png]

   - in last line of slide 13: "...components remain proportion to c for
   any value of gamma." should be "...* proportional* to c ..."

   - You may have too many slides for the time allowed. Slides 15 - 19
   could be dropped (maybe an added summary at end of talk is more important).

General comments:

   - Experimental evidence discounts possibility of a photon being even a
   single cycle phenomenon, much less a particulate one, in nature.
      - physical evidence of higher-frequency components of a beam of
      monochromatic light
      - the major effort required to successfully "shrink" a photon to a
      single cycle
      - your picture could represent phase points on the helix. Then,
   exceeding the speed of light is normal for phase velocity.
   - A fixed field configuration can be caused by many charge
   distributions; but, a fixed charge distribution can produce only a unique
   field.
   - How does your helical-photon model describe linearly-polarized photons?
   - Why don't the charges of separate photons interact when photons
   overlap?
   - etc.

Andrew