[General] Short summaries of ideas?

Joakim Pettersson joakimbits at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 06:55:13 PDT 2019

Hi DataPR,

A crash-start from a long-term reader of this forum:

* Vivian Robertson studied implications of making the assumption that
matter as self-confined EM fields. From that assumption he can derive
the world as we see it, basically. He also postulates a theory for this
self-confinement like Heisenberg/Feynman might have had if they were to
innovate it: A push action from particle-particle exchanges with all
possible "background" or "virtual as in not really there permanently but
quite possible for short enough time" particles in its immediate
neighbourhood.

* John Williamson studied the EM field itself and worked for many years
on getting one particle right: the largest-volume and lightest-mass
confined particle he can describe with it, and it turns our to be an
electron/positron. That theory is complementary to Vivians as it
describes the wave-nature of the electron in more detail, but it can be
quite daunting to see the particle-particle interactions for the layman:
Each particle-path needs to first be converted to a wave-let and then
back again to be understood by a "normal" reader that is less familiar
with thinging of and calculating on fields. On the other hand, for a
person like John W (and me) who are as used to wave-experiements on
electrons as on particle experiements, the wave theory is soo much more
appealing: It explains all the standing wave phenomena,
superconducitivy, charge and flux quantizations as simple topological
problems - a wave knot is the same knot, topoligically, however far you
stretch in it any direction. You could imagine a free particle field (a
free electron for example) in its smallest form as self-contained black
hole photon, and a bound particle (electron in an atom) as the same
photon but now now circling a larger mass so that it can also be further
away from its gravity center and therefore can have a much lower
frequency and longer wavelength and still find itself after the same
number or rotations around it. That is the reason it interfere
constructively over all its path and stays stable. A next level of
understanding is that the different particle-fields inside a compound
solid like a free atom or a sold-state picece of matter are as affected
by the neighbouring fields as itselves, and therefore also stretch as
more field is added (still preserving their individual topoligies). A
more advanced level of understanding is that all those fields actually
are the same field, just more instense and more complex than a fixed set
of topological parameters: also all the possible combinations of the
parameters that still conserve the net compound topology are in there,
in the net wave, but at different times or rather room-timezones. That
last level explains what happens in superconductors as it slips through
a pin-hole of magnetic flux from one side to nother, or any other
particle-wave experiment. I could never explain this in detail before
John W mentioned his photon-electron theory.

* John Macken studied the gravitational field itself, and found that an
explainain for black holes that sets a limit on its density in a given
universe-size. I see this as the ultimate level of understanding, where
any field we observe is explained as a "swirl" and any particle as
"rotation" on the sea of all possible oscillations in the gravity-field.

Now this summary is just one of many that could be made, and all have
their favorites here, but hopefully it can give some leads for even
better stories to explain the world in worlds that even more can
understand.

Best wishes,
Joakim Petterson