[General] reply to Albrecht's email

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Sun Apr 10 12:02:41 PDT 2016

John;

I just briefly looked at the paper. I have not yet followed the STOE
theory and please excuse me for that
but my intuitive impression is that the experiments seem quite
consistent with Young's interpretation of waves

You said:
"Young noticed in his diffraction experiment that the slit edges appear
luminous (Jenkins and White 1957, p.379). Therefore, his model
consisted of the interference of the waves assumed to originate at the
edges and of the direct wave."

I performed several double slit experiments as well as a dipole antenna
experiment where I illuminated two razor blades spaced so that the edges
of the two blades where an equivalent slit width apart. The diffraction
patterns were the same and I could optically see illumination on the
slit edges as Young reported.

This lead me to conclude, as Young, that the interference is simply
explained by carefully taking into account the edge excitation and
re-emission. The double slit is, I believe completely explained, by the
four edges excited by the incoming wave and re-radiating. This gives
both the single slit and the double slit  superimposed pattern, which is
experimentally seen.

When I look at your photos fig 15 for example the result is simply
explained by a mask effect. If the edge is located at a minimum then its
edge is not excited and it simply masks the pattern from the first slit.
Similarly the other figure 8, 11 look like a careful accounting of edge
excitation and re-radiation looks (I'm intuiting here) looks consistent
with edge excitation and re-emission..

Your conclusion simply suggests that the Huygens-Fresnel model is
inconsistent with these results. Which I can understand.
I do not see justification for your conclusion "all wave models of light
are falsified."

Does the STOE model (Newtonian Interpretation) simulation duplicate
Young's edge re-radiation hypothesis or is there more?

My paper from the SPIE San Diego, Eric Reiters paper, and results from
nano-technology resonance antenna all indicate that EM propagates as
waves and are quantized by near-field resonant antenna effects and forms
of loading theory (Sommerfeld) at the time of measurement and matter
interaction. Thus Photons as traveling little baseballs is a false
interpretation and quantum mechanics with its wave/particle duality is a
needless complexity we need  to straighten out.

Although I agree with much of Albrecht's ideas on relativity and think
he has much to offer. I am not sure first assuming photons exist and
then explaining their behavior by further assuming extension effects is
not just a further attempt to explain an initial error with further
"fix-up" explanation complications.
Does STOE fall into this category of "fix-up" theories?
It appears your experimental results are consistent with the wave edge
re-radiation interpretation of EM radiation and the photon introduction
as an observer/measurement phenomena.

Along these line remember Bohr thought electrons and presumably photons
are made up observer induced explanations.

best
Wolf

Dr. Wolfgang Baer
Research Director