[General] Wilczek's electron

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 03:31:02 PDT 2016

Dear Albrecht,

You mentioned an article that seems to counter, rather than support, your
model of the binary electron. You state: "On the other hand there was a
kind of indication for two constituents described by the article of Frank
Wilczek about the electron in Nature in summer 2013." (attached)."

Some statements from the article:

"The electron is effectively a spinning ball of charge, and elementary
electromagnetism tells us that this generates
a magnetic dipole field."

"An electric dipole, should it exist, would generate broadly similar
corrections. But no such field has been detected."

"So far there is only an upper bound for the electric dipole moment. This
is an extraordinary 17 orders of magnitude smaller than one might expect —
naively, given the electron’s effective size." [.... estimated to be
roughly 2.4 × 10^–12 metres].

Despite the lack of measured dipole, he states:
"So a non-zero electric dipole moment for electrons is a theoretical
possibility."
This seems to be the only support for your model from that angle.

On the other hand, you are not expecting your twin particles to be
attracted by electrostatic forces (you suggest something like strong
nuclear forces). Therefore, an electric dipole would not be expected; some
other form of dipole would be. But, if no electric dipole, what causes the
EM fields?

While I find most of Wilczek's statements to be 'correct' and useful, I
consider some to be just wrong. Nevertheless, it is a useful reference. It
is not as authoritative as his “Origins of Mass,” arXiv:1206.7114v2 22 Aug
2012.  However, it took me many hours of work to derive real benefit from
this latter paper. But now I have a new 'tool'.

I did not find his "enigmatic electron" to be as useful. I have attached a
preprint to a paper that I will submit this week that references both of
Wilczek's papers. I hope that it will be published and might open the way
for new thinking in the photon to lepton transition.

Best regards,

Andrew