[General] Grahame note on population

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Sun Aug 21 12:26:35 PDT 2016

John:

Who can argue with learning and following nature's rules , however two
thoughts

1) the Malthus catastrophe has always been averted by technology
breakthrough which improved our ecological nitch

     I see no reason we need to be stuck in the current paradigm , but I
believe we need to examine the foundations of our physics, philosophy,
and world view package we have been saddled with during the 20'th
century. Quantum theory may have helped build some systems, but  it is
not comprehensible without major ad hoc miracles attached. We need a new
way of looking at things.

2) Is it possible that our current defeatist attitude regarding
technology is due to the aging process. WE now have baby boomers
retiring and they just want a steady as she goes peaceful last years
with no challenges.

Perhaps we need to wait tll the baby boomer generation has passed?

best

Wolf

Dr. Wolfgang Baer
Research Director