[General] Question to: Cern and its search for Magnetic monopoles at MoEDAL

Defiant NCC001 defiantncc001 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 21:27:31 PST 2017

Hello to all,

I have a question to the MoEDAL detector in CERN.
For me it seems that the Monopole-Detector can only detect monopoles via a mechanical photo plate.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnEXKrsv5oM>https://youtu.be/jnEXKrsv5oM?t=78

According to this video this looks to me, like an old analog photo-camera, which needs to be placed in an "analysis bassin".

Therefore I have two questions:

  *   In what time-periods do scientists check the plates for magnetic monopoles ?
  *   Can MoEDAL also detect monopoles electronically/automatically in Real-Time ?

kind regards,
Hubert R

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnEXKrsv5oM>