[General] A composite electron?

Richard Gauthier richgauthier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 20:16:33 PDT 2017

Hello Andrew and all,

  I communicated with David Hestenes three years ago about his zitter electron model, and about the fact that his helical zitter electron model (with helical radius hbar/2mc = Lcompton/4pi gives only a half Bohr Magneton in the classical calculation of magnetic moment. He replied:

"You have given the standard classical calculation, which is off by a factor of 2. But note that classical physics assumes a constant charge to mass ratio. The zitter model requires separation of the center of charge from the center of mass, as discussed, for example, by Rivas http://arxiv.org/abs/1211.3253 <http://arxiv.org/abs/1211.3253> "

I have also communicated with Martin Rivas about his separation-of-mass-and-charge electron model. I am copying this e-mail to both of them. Their comments are welcome.

   Richard